Cycling can involve learning to ride, improving your skills, getting the confidence to commute, or building up to long-distance rides.
Did you know these benefits of cycling?:
- Cycling to work reduces the risk of cancer by 45%
- Regular cyclists reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular disease by 46%
- Cycling is proven to reduce stress and anxiety, and increase self-esteem
- People who are physically active reduce chances of late-onset diabetes by between a third and a half
- Cycling and walking can help to reduce asthma symptoms, even for those with exercise-induced asthma