Perhaps you have been cycling for years, maybe you haven’t cycled since you were wee, or maybe never at all!
Whatever your story, cycling can involve learning to ride, improving your skills, getting the confidence to commute, or building up to long-distance rides.
Did you know these benefits of cycling?:
- Cycling to work reduces the risk of cancer by 45%
- Regular cyclists reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular disease by 46%
- Cycling is proven to reduce stress and anxiety, and increase self-esteem
- People who are physically active reduce chances of late-onset diabetes by between a third and a half
- Cycling and walking can help to reduce asthma symptoms, even for those with exercise-induced asthma