Our top tips for planning and using cycle routes:
- Try to use cycle routes as they are more suitable than car or public transport routes.
- If you want to ride mainly traffic-free, choose quiet routes with segregated cycle lanes and park or waterway paths.
- Do a practice run at a quiet time to build your confidence with the routes junctions and hazards.
- Use cycle maps, read up on routes, and seek advice from travel planners from your work, university or school.
- Pick up a copy of the Glasgow Cycle Map next time you visit an Aye Cycle Glasgow cycling organisation to help you plan your routes.
Recommended online route planners: