Cycle routes can provide your journey to work, how you visit friends and family, or a leisurely ride to see cultural attractions or scenery in and around Glasgow.
Planning your route will help you to enjoy the journey, and arrive safely, on time.
- Get to know cycle routes, they will be more suitable than car or public transport routes.
- If you want to ride mainly traffic-free, choose quiet routes with segregated cycle lanes and park / waterway paths.
- Do a practice run at a quiet time to build your confidence with the routes junctions and hazards.
- Use cycle maps, read up on routes, and seek advice from travel planners at work / university / school.
- Pick up a copy of the Glasgow Cycle Map next time you visit an Aye Cycle Glasgow cycling organisation.
Online route planners: