Curious Bike Commuter – Bike for Good, South
October 17, 2019 - 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Are you keen to start cycling to work but are not sure how to get started? From what bike to buy, to route planning, we have all your questions covered! This event is for women who are keen to cycle as a mode of transport but are lacking the confidence to cycle day to day. If you are bike curious, then this event if for you!
There will be a mini buffet available and stalls will include:
- Ebike trial – including how to access an interest free loan from Energy Savings Trust
- Try a bike from Bike for Good’s ‘Bike Lending Library’
- Find out how to encourage your employer to become a Cycle Friendly Employer with Cycling Scotland
- What Cycle luggage and kit you may wish to buy
- Bike security marking with Police Scotland
- Maps and route planning
- Nextbike sign ups for those on a low income with Bike for Good’s ‘Bikes for All’ initiative
- Sign up for free Cycle Training sign up and a Bike Buddy service with Bike for Good
- Free bike check over from Dr Bike plus mini basic road side maintenance workshops with Bike for Good
- Winter cycling essential kit advice (lights, waterproofs, high vis, mud guards, pannier racks, lock)
- Find out about social cycling groups and rides.
This is a FREE drop-in event.
Curious Bike CommuterCategory: GWOW Cycle Festival
Whilst we take every opportunity to ensure event details are accurate when added to the website, we always advise you check the event website for the most up to date information and contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disappointment.